The statement read in parts, "The attention of Headquarters Theatre Command Operations LAFIYA DOLE, has been drawn to a statement credited to His Excellency Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Gaidam, Executive Governor of Yobe State, now circulating in the media, in which he reportedly alleged that the withdrawal of the military was responsible for the recent suspected Boko Haram terrorists' attack and abduction of female students from Government Girls Science Technical College in Dapchi".
Out of the 110 missing girls, eight are in JSS1, 17 in JSS2, 12 in JSS3, 40 in SS1, 19 in SS2 and 14 in SS3.
According to a statement released yesterday by the Information Minister, the Federal Government said the oldest among the girls are 18 years while the youngest are 11.
The school will reopen when "frayed nerves cool down", Yobe state education commissioner Mohammed Lamin said.
The Nigerian Air Force had earlier deployed more platforms to the North East for the search, as security agencies ramp up their efforts to locate and rescue the girls.
As of Monday evening, the Nigerian Air Force had flown a total of 200 hours while searching for the girls.
The February 6 memo, signed by Emmanuel Aladeniyi, a brigadier-general, warned of impending attacks, especially suicide bombing, in public places, such as the University of Maiduguri, markets, mosques and parks. Nigeria redeployed its troops from Dapchi to an area further north in January and, tragically, the group struck the town weeks later. The troops were moved to Kanama on a reinforcement after Nigerian soldiers came under heavy firepower there.
President Muhammadu Buhari said his government was determined to ensure the release of everyone taken by the Islamist militants and to return "the abducted girls to their families".
There was no time that the military informed the police of their withdrawal, consulted or handed over their locations in Dapchi town to the police."WE SHALL", one of the movement's organizers, Oby Ezekewsili, said on Twitter of the Dapchi attack. While troops continue to trail and decimate the remnants of the insurgents in the hinterlands, the security of the liberated communities and towns fall in the hands of the sister security agencies. But in the case of Dapchi, the Nigeria Army, through the spokesperson of the Operation Lafiya Dole, never informed or handed over to the Police.
He said the police did nothing to repel the attack despite having a division in Dapchi.